Monday, September 12, 2016

Good Things

Short and sweet today, folks.

1) I've been more diligent at working out the last few days. I do Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred Workout DVD. It's only 20 minutes, which is about the time I can (safely) ignore pressing needs of my children. ;) But, usually the girls watch it with me. LSr just likes to watch anything on a screen, and LJr sometimes tries to get on the floor and do things with me. My hand weights are two giant containers of applesauce. The girls get canned food for their weights.

2)LSr is pretty good at recognizing letters and letter sounds, so I'm trying to do some more math-related (i.e. counting) activities with her. I found an awesome website here for anyone who needs ideas. LSr often skips 14 and 15, and LJr likes to start on 3 and count in order until she gets to 8. Then she just repeats 7-8-7-8-7-8. Although, with prompting, she can get to 12. Mostly because she is a little parrot and repeats everything.

3)And in the #mommyfail department today .. ..pulling out leftover popcorn for a snack .. ..after vacuuming the house. But the girls are having a blast playing in it. Call it sensory play, I guess. ;)

Now I hear some suspicious sounds from the girls playing in the bathroom.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment