Monday, September 17, 2012

I Discovered a Fear

I discovered that I absolutely hate large spiders. I cannot stand them!! Maybe it's because I've recently encountered two very large ones in our home over the last few days while Jacob's been away at work. I am too mortified to even kill them or smack them with a shoe. I have to stare at them and make sure they never crawl my way. Although they are horrific creatures, I cannot keep myself from periodically looking back at it to make sure it's in sight. My worst fear is that it will crawl up on my shoe or chair without me noticing and crawl on my skin. I shudder at the thought!! Meanwhile, I have these horrifying chill bumps running up and down my spine and arms all the while I can't keep my eyes of this nasty thing. Why do I hate them?! They seriously creep me out. Seriously, is there anyone out there brave enough to smash spiders? I may be tempted to call you in a pinch next time I find one of these nasty creepy crawlers in my house.


2 comments:

  1. Buy some Raid!! I'm telling you, it'll save your life! That way you can stand at a distance, scream like a little girl and shoot the spray at the beasts. If it gets worse, ask your landlord to set off a bug bomb! Ours did! It helped a lot. Stinky spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark's your man! He'll kill your spiders for you. But the problem is, he's in Kenya. He's around spiders, lizards, all types of bugs and snakes, and chickens even walk into church. But perhaps that's helpful, for they eat bugs?

    There are so many ants there that he literally can't keep them out of his food. He even sent me a lovely video of a swarm of ants. I know! I can ask him to send you the pictures as well as me! I'm sure your cousin would love to! But advice from your nice Aunt ;) would be to trap it with a cup until Jacob gets home. Then you can relax.

    ReplyDelete