Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Someday

Someday we will be music teachers.

There's a lot to learn in the meantime.

So we practice .. .and practice . ..and practice some more.

Here's Jacob's latest piece he's conducting:
We've listened to it at least 40 times today. And you know what? It's still just as beautiful. I even made Jacob dance to it with me.

Meanwhile, I had a dream last night that when it was my turn to conduct in front of the class, they all had their backs to me, and then some people didn't have their instruments, and they weren't looking at me or following tempo or anything. It was awful. Then, my teacher has the audacity to say to me, "I don't know if you noticed, but that was a pretty poor performance." Well, DUH!! Of course it was awful! But then I felt really bad when he said that my conducting has really digressed and gone downhill. =(
Luckily, I woke up.

Now we're off to class to conduct our peers. Hopefully we'll do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment