Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dr Seuss

As we were leaving Storytime at the library today, the librarian said that next week, we'd be learning about Dr. Seuss. I mentioned that to Laura later and she said,

"I listen to your heartbeat. I a doctor. I use a stethoscope."

It took me a moment to realize that she thought Dr Seuss was a real doctor. Then I explained that Dr Seuss isn't a real doctor. He writes books for kids. Like the Foot Book and The Cat in the Hat.

"What Dr. Seuss do Mommy? Daddy is Dr Seuss?"

Man, I love this kid.

Plus also, she earned a million stars today for helping me unload the groceries! She went back and forth to the trunk with me, brought a bag in and placed it on the table and followed me out for another bag. Then she helped me put stuff away, She was so cute at the store today. She got a cookie from the bakery-one of those sugar cookies with thick yummy yellow frosting on top. The rest of the time we were shopping and checking out, she picked off the sprinkles one at a time and would take tiny licks of the frosting. She still had almost an entire cookie in her hand when I put her in the car. Then, when we got home, her cookie was gone. It took her less than 5 blocks to eat her entire cookie! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment